Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Put Up Or Shut Up


You have to love Google.  As I was thinking about what to write about today I thought I would cover business principles. A quick search for inspiration and up came one that I've always tried to adhere to.

Simply stated:

Under promise, over deliver.

Too many times companies make big grandiose claims and it's almost impossible to live up to them.  I've always thought it was better to manage your customers expectations.  Give them a realistic idea of what they can expect and then try to give them even more. This way you'll have a happy and satisfied client rather than someone who is disappointed and not afraid to share this with the whole world. Which is entirely possible in this day of social media. Many times you may have delivered the exact same amount of service or product, the difference was in how you managed the customers expectations.

That's my 2 cents for today. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment