Friday, January 22, 2021

What is Call Retention

 


Hello. I’m back again with another blog. Two days in a row. I'm on a roll. This time I do want to talk a little bit about an effective on hold message. And really that starts with having one. I've been doing this now for close to 30 years. When I started, I didn't really know how important an on hold message was. I primarily thought of it as a way to advertise some of the services that your business performed that your customers may not know about. Meaning they may call a print shop because they want business cards but while listening to your message they learn that you do wedding invitations or can print large signs. One of the things that I told my clients was that it would help them reduce hang ups otherwise known as call retention. It wasn't the first thing I told them about. I thought it would be nice but didn't think it was enough to lead with. But then as time went by I realized that every client I got back in touch with after installing their on hold message and it had been in service for a while, would be excited to tell me they weren't losing as many calls. When they had to put somebody on hold and returned soon thereafter the caller was still there. They were elated. And of course, they were excited because this led to increased sales. What business owner doesn't want that? So, although a custom on hold message can add professionalism to your business just like a nice letterhead or business card. It can also affect your bottom line. Of course, that’s not all. You can find more at ProDougtions.com.

Some thoughts for today. Hope it gave you some food for thought. I hope to have more. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment